Design

Monday, September 19, 2011

Website Evaluation

Evaluating a website is harder than I had originally thought - especially if you don't have a guide.  When determining if a website is appropriate or not, it important for the evaluator to have a checklist of what should be on the site.  I found a site provided by Kathy Schrock for website evaluation.  I found this site to be a very valuable resource.  This site has PDFs available for a wide range of activities for all ages of students and all types of online tools.  Click here to view the site.

This tool is good for both students and educators.  An educator must research a site before using it as a tool in the classroom, and the checklist provided here would be useful for this.  However, the PDFs found are also easy for students to use.  They have simple checklists and questions that are both easy to follow and complete.  I can definitely see myself using the tool very often in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment