Design

Monday, October 10, 2011

Web 2.0 Lesson 1

Delicious:

Delicious is a website that allows you to organize the websites that you use regularly. It is essentially an online bookmarking system. I believe that the concept of Delicious is good, but I do not know how much I would utilize this tool. I know that personally, I would not use it - it seems like more work goes into setting up the "stacks" (categories) than it is worth. I doesn't seem to simplify things too much. The only time that I believe I would use this tool would be if I was organizing a research project for my students. I would create a stack of approved sites, articles, or other online resources for my students to reference.

Glogster:

Glogster is a online tool similar to that of a blog. However, rather than presenting information in a paragraph or essay type of way, it is actually like creating an online poster. I truly loved this tool. I would use this personally, in my classroom, and in any other type of setting where I would be sharing information. In fact, I created a glogster last week. I work at Church Street UMC as the youth intern. I am in the process of starting a middle school girls' bible study. Click here to view my glogster post (it is still a work in progress).

No comments:

Post a Comment